EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR BLACK STAR TRIP
All flights booked with Black Star Travel Group will be economy class from JFK to Accra through Delta Airlines with a single layover
HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS & ITINERARY
Housing accommodations, daily itinerary, and additional trip details will be emailed 3 weeks prior to departure.
We anticipate up to 50 travelers supported by 10 Black Star Travel Group staff
Given the unpredictable nature of international travel and ever-changing policies around COVID-19, we strongly suggest that you protect your trip. CLICK HERE to secure your travel insurance policy. Please select Other and enter Black Star Travel Group when selecting an organization.
Deposit & Cancellation Policy:
All deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE
In the event of cancellation, the following applies:
- 75% of your POST-DEPOSIT payment will be refunded until July 24, 2023
- 50% of your POST-DEPOSIT payment will be refunded until August 22, 2023
- 25% of your POST-DEPOSIT payment will be refunded until September 25, 2022
ANY PAYMENTS OF ANY AMOUNT MADE AFTER SEPTEMBER ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
VISA & PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS:
- Original, signed passport VALID FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS AFTER YOUR RETURN FROM GHANA
- AT LEAST ONE blank passport page for Ghana visa stamp (amendment pages in back of passport ARE NOT SUITABLE for a Ghana visa)
- All travel to Ghana REQUIRES a valid visa. You will also need:
- 2 recent passport sized photos (full color, white background, expression-neutral)
- 2 completely filled visa application forms per person as found in your visa application kit (if you do not already have a valid visa for travel to Ghana)
- All travelers with the Black Star Travel Group must complete an online health declaration form required by the Ghanaian Ministry of Health
- All travelers with the Black Star Travel Group must have proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 ahead of departure to Ghana
- All travelers with the Black Star Travel Group must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination (yellow card)
The following COVID testing procedures must be followed as specified:
- All travelers are strongly encouraged to purchase travel insurance to protect their trip in order to defray any costs associated with loss of funds due to a positive COVID-19 test upon arrival in Ghana. CLICK HERE to secure your travel insurance policy.
- Black Star Travel Group is NOT responsible for lodging or associated travel costs due to a positive COVID-19 test upon arrival in Ghana
- All travelers with the Black Star Travel Group must have proof of NEGATIVE COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of flight departure from JFK
FOR TRAVELERS WHO TEST POSITIVE TO COVID-19 UPON ARRIVAL:
- Any traveler who tests positive for COVID-19 upon arrival in Ghana, or at any point, asymptomatic or not, will be REQUIRED to undergo mandatory quarantine and treatment
- Currently, all Ghanaian non-residents are REQUIRED to isolate in a government-approved facility at their own expense
- Quarantine lodging will NOT be transferred or arranged by Black Star Travel Group at any point during the trip
- In order to ensure the safety of our other guests and staff, any traveler testing positive upon arrival, or at any point during the trip, will NOT be allowed to travel with the Black Star Travel Group until they receive proof of a negative COVID-19 test
- Black Star Travel Group is not liable for reimbursement, coverage, or assumption of ANY costs incurred by any traveler who tests positive for COVID-19 upon arrival, or at any point during the trip.
BLACK STAR WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
NEEDED TO APPLY FOR YOUR VISA
LETTER OF INVITATION
A letter of invitation from sponsor (either host company or individual) explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel to Ghana. In addition, the letter must indicate the length of stay, place of stay, (including full residential address and telephone number), and contact information. A copy of the hosts Passport must be included, and residency permit if not a Ghanaian citizen.
PROOF OF TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency or copy of airline ticket showing entry and departure from Ghana.
New York: A hotel confirmation from the hotel manager, signed on hotel letterhead, including the name of the traveler and the exact dates of the stay in Ghana.
A copy of the signee’s Passport/ID must be provided.
A FEW TIPS AND FACTS ABOUT GHANA
GHANA CURRENCY AND EXCHANGE RATES:
It’s always appreciated to tip when you feel the service is good. However, it not customary or required to tip in Ghana.
Some evening party events require dress shoes, but you are free to dress how you please.
Up to 3-4 hours per day.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
We will provide contact and access to local physicians and hospitals in the event a medical emergency occurs. We suggest that all travelers get a thorough check up before traveling.
Bring over the counter pain medication for stomach aches, heartburn, acid reflux, and any other prescribed medication that you normally use.
U.S. EMBASSY GHANA
U.S. Embassy Ghana
No. 24, Fourth Circular Rd., Cantonments, Accra
P.O. Box GP 2288
Phone: +233 (0) 30 274 1000
CELLULAR SERVICE COMPANIES
Vodafone, MTN, Tigo, and Airtel